It's Just in Case Thursday which is the day I share a project based on a card in one of our current catalogues. Sometimes I copy it exactly and sometimes I switch up the stamps, embellishments and colours.
Today I'm sharing a card using the Birthday Wit Stamp Set from the Occasions Catalogue.
I started with this idea on page 66 of the Annual Catalogue featuring the Thoughtful Banners Stamp Set.
Some of the words are popped up with Stampin' Dimensionals and others are glued directly to the strips.
I have been sharing the instructions for my weekly Just in Case project in my Sunday newsletter and have decided that I will now share it here on my blog instead. My newsletter will have other card shares that will only be available on my weekly newsletter so you'll still want to make sure you are signed up to receive it!
Here's how I made my card today:
- Pool Party 11" x 4 1/4"
- Lemon Lime Twist 4 3/4" x 3 1/2"
- Whisper White 4 1/2" x 3 1/4"; 3 1/2" x 3"
- Fold Pool Party in half to form card front.
- Emboss the Pool Party front with the Simple Stripes Embossing Folder using the Big Shot.
- Place a piece of paper over the words in the Birthday Wit images between "This is Your" and "Birthday Card" and ink up those omitted words with Basic Black ink.
- Remove the paper and stamp in the middle of the Whisper White card.
- Stamp the strip image from Thoughtful Banners randomly in Daffodil Delight, Lemon Lime Twist and Pool Party between the 'words'.
- Glue the Whisper White piece to the Lemon Lime Twist mat.
- Wrap the Baker's Twine around the middle of the stamped piece and tie in a bow towards the left side.
- Ink the full Birthday Wit image in Basic Black ink and stamp on the smaller piece of Whisper White and cut out the words individually.
- Pop up some of the words with Stampin' Dimensionals and glue others directly to the strips.
- Glue the stamped piece to the middle of the card front.
For a quick reference print out the PDF Instructions for today's card including measurements and supplies.
Here's the products I used in today's card (click on the picture and you'll be directed to my online store):