It's Just In Case Thursday, the day that Patsy Waggoner and I share a card CASED from one of our current publications. Sometimes I copy the card exactly and sometimes I switch out the stamps and/or colours. Today's card was CASED by my sister Mo Dickie, a demonstrator from Toronto, Ontario. Mo used the Lemon Zest Stamp set and matching Lemon Builder Punch. If you purchase them together in a bundle you save 10%.
I love the colours and fresh feel of this adorable card. Here is the card Mo based her card on from page 90 of the Annual Catalogue. Mo switched out the binder clip for some ribbon and turned the bag into a card.
The fun part of stamping with this set is that the images can be punched out with the Lemon Builder Punch and the 1 3/4" Circle Punch which makes it super easy to recreate. The combination of Lemon Twist and Pool Party is so pretty together.
I love the sayings (and fonts) from this set too. Sometimes we can overlook the sentiments but this set has some really fun ones…If Life gives you lemons….chuck them right back! for instance. The Lemon Lime Twist Ombre Ribbon is really yummy too!
Here's how you recreate Mo's card:
- Pool Party – 11" x 4 1/4", scored at 5 1/2"
- Whisper White – 4 1/4" x 1 1/2"; 5 1/2" x 4 1/4"
- Fold Pool Party cardstock in half to form card base.
- Emboss the front of the Pool Party card with the Scattered Sequins Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder using the Big Shot.
- Stamp the limes and slices in Lemon Lime Twist ink and the leaves in Old Olive ink on the 5 1/2" x 4 1/4" Whisper White.
- Punch out the images with the Lemon Builder and 1 3/4" Circle punches.
- Glue the slices, limes and leaves to the front of the card. You can pop up one of the limes with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Stamp the words in Basic Black ink on the Whisper White strip.
- Banner cut the end of the strip using the Banner Triple Punch.
- Pop up the strip in the middle of the card with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Tie a bow in the ribbon and glue dot to the top of the strip.
Here's the products you'll need to make Mo's card (click on the pictures to be directed to my online store):