It's Just in Case Thursday, the day where Patsy and I share a card we've CASED from one of our current publications. Sometimes we copy it exactly and sometimes we change the stamp set, embellishment and/or colours.
Today my CASE is based on a card from the cover of the Stampin' Success Magazine, a publication that is sent to demonstrators every 2 months. It's chock full of inspiration and tips.
The Graceful Glass 6" x 6" Designer Vellum which coordinates with the Graceful Glass Suite (pages 164 – 165) is absolutely gorgeous. It includes 24 sheets (2 each of 12 single sided designs) of stained glass imagery perfect for colouring with Stampin' Blends or other colouring tools. I coloured my piece on the back with Bermuda Bay Light & Dark Stampin' Blends and Old Olive Dark & Light Stampin' Blends. I backed the piece with a matching piece of Whisper White so the colours could "pop" from the vellum. Doesn't this look like a stained glass window?
Coastal Cabana – 8 1/2" x 5 1/2"; 5" x 2 1/2"
Graceful Glass Designer Vellum – one panel 5 1/2" x 1 5/8"
Whisper White: 5 1/2" x 1 5/8"; 1 1/2" x 1/2"
- Fold the Coastal Cabana cardstock in half to form card base.
- Emboss the Coastal Cabana (5" x 2 1/2") with the Tufted Dynamic Embossing Folder using the Big Shot. Glue to the front top of the card.
- Colour the Graceful Glass Designer Vellum piece (on the back side) with the Bermuda Bay and Old Olive Stampin' Blends.
- Place glue dots strategically behind on of the colour pieces so they remain hidden and glue to the Whisper White mat.
- Glue a 2 5/8" piece of Granny Apple Green 1/2" Textured Weave Ribbon to the lower left side of the Whisper White.
- Glue the Vellum piece to the card front on top of the embossed piece.
- Stamp the sentiment from Itty Bitty Greetings in Memento Tuxedo Black ink on small strip of Whisper White. Pop up on top of the ribbon with Stampin' Dimensionals.
Here's the products I used today in my card (click on the pictures and be directed to my online store):
Let's hop over and see what Patsy has CASED today.
Need Stamps? If you are in Canada, I would be delighted to have you order from My Online Store.
To earn Bonus Rewards use the Host Code
If you are reading this via an email, Click Here for the current CODE
In US order from Patsy Waggoner’s Online Store