It's the third Tuesday of the month so that means it's time for Color Without Borders Series. My Border Buddy, Patsy Waggoner, and I each create a project using the colour palette of the month. This month feature some fun and bright colours including the returning colours Poppy Parade and Coastal Cabana.
I try and use all the colours in the palette each month and this month I managed to all of them except Pool Party.
My card also features the new Tufted Textured Impressions Embossing Folder and I've added a small pearl to each triangle. It reminds me of a padded headboard pattern.
The Varied Vases stamp set and matching Vases Builder Punch can be purchased in a bundle and you save 10%.
Here's how to make today's card:
- Poppy Parade – 8 1/2" x 5 1/2"; 3 1/4" x 3 1/4"; scrap
- Coastal Cabana – 5 1/4" x 4"
- Whisper White – 3" x 3"; scrap
- Score the Poppy Parade at 4 1/4", fold to form card base.
- Emboss the Coastal Cabana piece with the Tufted Textured Folder and Big Shot.
- Cut the 2 3/4" scallop circle from the Poppy Parade (3 1/4" x 3 1/4") using the Layering Circles Framelits and Big Shot. Glue to the Coastal Cabana card front towards the right side.
- Wrap a piece of Poppy Parade 1/8" Grosgrain Ribbon around the front of the Coastal Cabana piece and affix to the back. Tie another piece of ribbon towards the left side in a small knot.
- Glue the embossed piece to the card front.
- Cut out the medium sized Stitched Shape circle from the Whisper White (3" x 3").
- Stamp the stamp twice in Tranquil Tide ink on the circle.
- Stamp the vase in Coastal Cabana ink and punch out. Pop up the vase on the circle with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Stamp two tulips on scrap of Poppy Parade scrap and punch out. Pop one up with Stampin' Dimensional and glue the other to the top of the stamped stems.
- Stamp the word Hello in Poppy Parade ink on the right side of the vase.
- Add small pearls to each tufted triangle.