It's the third Tuesday of the month so that means it's time for Color Without Borders Series. My Border Buddy, Patsy Waggoner, and I each create a project using the colour palette of the month.
I try and use all the colours in the palette each month and this month I managed to use them all because I incorporated our famous Stampin' Blends!
When you don't have the right colour of embossing powder you can make your embossed image easily with our clear powder and the Stamparatus.
You stamp your image first (with your Stamparatus) in the colour of ink you want and then clean the stamp thoroughly but DON'T move it's position on the plate. Reink in Versamark and stamp over the first coloured image. Then add the Clear Stampin' Emboss Powder and heat set. It's that easy!
Here's how to make today's card:
- Flirty Flamingo – 8 1/2" x 5 1/2"
- Night of Navy – 5 1/4" x 4"
- Whisper White – 5" x 3 3/4"; scrap
- Score the Flirty Flamingo at 4 1/4", fold to form card base.
- Stamp the flowers in Memento Black ink. Colour the flowers with Flirty Flamingo, Calypso Coral, Highland Heather and Mint Macaron Stampin' Blends.
- Glue to the Night of Navy mat.
- Wrap the gingham ribbon around the middle of the pieces and tie in a bow on the right side.
- Glue both pieces to the card front.
- Using the Stamparatus, ink the Hello stamp in Night of Navy and stamp on scrap of Whisper White.
- Clean the stamp and ink in Versamark and stamp over your first image. Add Clear Emboss Powder and heat set.
- Punch out with the Tailored Tag punch. Pop up over the ribbon with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Add pearls to the center of some flowers.