Today I leave for my annual Stampin' Up! all expenses paid vacation with my hubby. This year we are heading to Alaska which is one of my favourite destinations. This is my 14th trip which wouldn't be happening without my amazing team and customers!
I wanted to share the swap I created using the Varied Vases Stamp Set. I created two versions – one with blue tones and one with purple tones. I loved them both so it was hard to pick one for my final design.
I love this stamp set so much and it comes with a coordinating punch so no fussy cutting which is a bonus! The set was designed by Mary Fish for her million sales milestone and she knocked it out of the park!
The first colour scheme features Coastal Cabana, Lemon Lime Twist and Bermuda Bay. I embossed the flowers from the Varied Vases Stamp Set in white and then added the vases in different colours and shapes. The Vase Builder Punch make this part easy.
I used Wink of Stella to bling up two of the vases and add some extra interest to the card. I also added two tiny pearls to a few flowers and finished the card with Linen Thread.
My second colour combination included Highland Heather, Lemon Lime Twist, Gorgeous Grape and Gray Granite (for the mat).
I added the Wink of Stella again to a few of the vases. The background on the card front is embossed with the Subtles Embossing Folder which creates a really soft texture to your cardstock.
Here's how I made my card:
Coastal Cabana (or Highland Heather) – 11" x 4 1/4"; scored at 5 1/2" to form card base
Lemon Lime Twist (or Gray Granite) – 4 3/4" x 3 1/2"
Crumb Cake – 4 1/2" x 3 1/4"
Lemon Lime Twist, Bermuda Bay & Coastal Cabana (scheme 1) – scraps
Lemon Lime Twist, Highland Heather & Gorgeous Grape – scraps
- Fold Coastal Cabana (or Highland Heather) in half to form card base.
- Emboss the front with the Subtles Embossing Folder and Big Shot.
- Stamp the sentiment in Memento Tuxedo Black in on the top of the Crumb Cake cardstock.
- Stamp the flowers in Versamark on the Crumb Cake cardstock, apply White Stampin' Emboss Powder and heat set.
- Punch out vases from different scraps and glue to the card. Pop up one of them with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Add Wink of Stella Glitter Pen to two of the vases.
- Glue stamped piece to the Lemon Lime Twist (or Gray Granite) mat.
- Wrap the Linen Thread around the botton of the stamped piece several times and tie in a bow on the right side.
- Glue the piece to the card front.
- Add some pearls to a few flowers.
Here's the supplies you'll need to create this card (click on the pictures and be directed to my online store):
Which colour combo do you like best? Blue or Purple?
Need Stamps? If you are in Canada, I would be delighted to have you order from My Online Store.
To earn Bonus Rewards use the Host Code
If you are reading this via an email,
In US order from Patsy Waggoner’s Online Store