It's Just in Case Thursday, the day where Patsy and I share a card we've CASED from one of our current publications. Sometimes we copy it exactly and sometimes we change the stamp set, embellishment and/or colours.
My card today features products from the Alpine Adventure Bundle which are included in the upcoming Holiday Catalogue. You can purchase these products starting on September 5th!
Today my CASE is based on a card from page 42 in the Annual Catalogue which featured the You've Got Style Stamp Set.
This is a fun card created by the concept artists isn't it? There are so many awesome samples in our catalogues so really it's like a catalogue AND a magazine all in one.
I love the layout of the card and since I don't own the stamp set they used I took the elements and sketch to create my own version with different colours and stamp set.
I love the Alpine Sports Thinlits Dies so much and originally I was going to just get them and not purchase the stamp set (gasp) but then I realized I really love the sentiments and how the stamped images match up with framelits in the dies. Plus when I purchase them together in a bundle I save 10% so it's really a no brainer to add the stamps right?
The little sled reminded me of winters in Ontario where I grew up. We would take them to local parks and spend the day on the "slopes". When I moved to Vancouver as a teenager we switched to skis on a little bigger "slopes" and now snowshoeing is a huge outdoor activity in my area. This set covers off all these sports!
Here's how I made today's card:
Balmy BLue – 8 1/2" x 5 1/2"; 5 1/4" x 4"
Whisper White – 3" x 3/4"
Designer Series Paper – 6" x 6" – Neutrals (Night of Navy 4 1/2" x 1/2"; Smoky Slate 5" x 1") Subtles (Balmy Blue 4 3/4" x 3/4")
Festive Farmhouse Designer Series Paper – 3 1/2" x 2 1/2"
Vellum – 3" x 3"
- Score the Balmy Blue cardstock (8 1/2" x 5 1/2") at 4 1/4" and fold to create card.
- Emboss the Balmy Blue (5 1/4" x 4") with the Softly Falling Embossing Folder and Big Shot.
- Cut one end of each of the Designer Series Paper strips using the Banner Triple Punch. Layer them on top of each other and glue to the embossed piece matching up the left ends with the edge of the cardstock.
- Stamp the sentiment in Night of Navy ink on Whisper White strip and cut the right side with the Banner Triple Punch.
- Cut out the large circle from the vellum cardstock with the Stitched Shapes Framelits and Big Shot.
- Cut out the sled framelit from the Festive Farmhouse Designer Series Paper using the Alpine Sports Thinlits Dies and Big Shot.
- Thread Linen Thread through the hole on the sled and tie a knot to secure. Add some glue to the back of the sled and glue to the right side of the vellum circle.
- Add glue dots to the back of the vellum hiding them under the slates of the sled so they don't show through.
- Glue circle to embossed piece with the left side extending beyond the edge and cut off excess so it's flush with the left side.
- Pop up the embossed piece on the card front with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Add some gold metallic pearls to the middle of the sled (on each of the holes).
Here's the products I used today in my card (click on the pictures and be directed to my online store):
Need Stamps? If you are in Canada, I would be delighted to have you order from My Online Store.
To earn Bonus Rewards use the Host Code
If you are reading this via an email, Click Here for the current CODE
In US order from Patsy Waggoner’s Online Store
Thanks for visiting my blog today! Sign up for my newsletter!
Watch this quick video to learn how to place your online order!
Use Host Code H346DKCM
Check out my Customer Rewards Program
Leave a Reply