It's Just in Case Thursday, the day where Patsy and I share a card we've CASED from one of our current publications. Sometimes we copy it exactly and sometimes we change the stamp set, embellishment and/or colours.
Today my CASE is based on a card from page 122 of the Annual Catalogue and features the Wonderful Moments Stamp Set.
I love the line drawn images in the set especially since I can use my Stampin' Blends to colour them in easily. The bride image is absolutely gorgeous!
Here is the original card I based my card layout on which featured the Daisy Delight Stamp Set.
My card features the Stained Glass Thinlits (like the original) and the Tufted 3D Dynamic Textured Impressions Folder. I substituted the bride image for the daisies and cut it to fit under the thinlet which I used like a frame.
The original card used Tranquil Tide as the base colour; my card uses Mint Macaron and Soft Sea Foam for the sentiment. The words are embossed in white.
I coloured the bride with Stampin' Blends in Ivory, Daffodil Delight, Mint Macaron and Flirty Flamingo. I love how they don't leave streaking on your project because they blend beautifully.
Here's how I made today's card:
Mint Macaron – 8 1/2" x 5 1/2"; 5" x 3 3/4"; 3" x 3"
Whisper White – 2" x 2"
Soft Sea Foam – 2 1/4" x 5/8"
- Score the Mint Macaron cardstock at 5 1/2" and fold to create card.
- Emboss the Mint Macaron (5" x 3 3/4") with the Tufted 3D Embossing Folder.
- Pop up the embossed piece on the card front with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Cut out the frame from the Mint Macaron (3" x 3") using the Stained Glass Thinlits with the Big Shot.
- Stamp the Whisper White square with the bride image in Tuxedo Black ink.
- Colour the bride image with Ivory, Daffodil Delight Light, Mint Macaron Dark and Flirty Flamingo Light Stampin' Blends.
- Glue the Mint Macaron frame to the stamped piece.
- Pop up on the embossed piece with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Add pearls to the back of the dress on top of the buttons.
- Stamp the words on Soft Sea Foam in Versamark ink, apply White Emboss Powder and heat set.
- Banner cut the left side and glue to the card as shown.
Here's the products I used today in my card (click on the pictures and be directed to my online store):
Need Stamps? If you are in Canada, I would be delighted to have you order from My Online Store.
To earn Bonus Rewards use the Host Code
If you are reading this via an email, Click Here for the current CODE
In US order from Patsy Waggoner’s Online Store
Thanks for visiting my blog today! Sign up for my newsletter!
Watch this quick video to learn how to place your online order!
Use Host Code Z6Y9J7JA
Check out my Customer Rewards Program
Leave a Reply