It's the third Wednesday of the month so that means it's time for Color Without Borders Series. My Border Buddy, Patsy Waggoner, and I each create a project using the colour palette of the month. This month features colours of fall.
While I try to use as many of the colours as I can from the palette this month I had to leave out Pumpkin Pie. But I managed to used Basic Black, Highland Heather, Garden Green and Granny Apple Green.
Have you noticed the Wishing You Well Stamp Set featured in the Holiday Catalogue? You might miss it on your first few passes through the catalogue but I'm encouraging you to check it out on page 36. This stamp set is in the DISTINKTIVE line of stamps which means that the images are drawn and photographed and made into a stamp. The little bow image is amazing when stamped!
This is one of the cards from the catalogue created by the concept artists at Stampin' Up! If you aren't sure where to start with creating just copy one of the cards from the catalogue!
I inked the sprig image in Granny Apple Green and then sponged on some Garden Green randomly on the rubber before it dried. Then I stamped on the Whisper White. The flowers are Highland Heather and the words are stamped in Memento Black.
Here's how to make today's card:
- Highland Heather – 8 1/2" x 5 1/2"
- Whisper White – 4 1/2" x 3 1/4"; 3 1/2" x 1/2"
- Basic Black – 4 5/8" x 3 3 3/8"
- Score the Highland Heather at 4 1/4", fold to form card base.
- Emboss the front of the card using the Subtle Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder and Big Shot.
- Ink the sprig image in Granny Apple Green and sponge on some Garden Green ink. Stamp on the Whisper White piece (4 1/2" x 3 1/4").
- Stamp the flowers in Highland Heather ink on the sprigs.
- Stamp the sentiment in Memento Black ink on the strip of Whisper White. Pop up the strip with Stampin' Dimensionals across the bottom of the flower sprig.
- Tie a bow in Linen Thread and glue dot to the flowers.
- Glue stamped Whisper White piece to the Basic Black mat.
- Glue both pieces to the middle of the card front.
- Add a pearl to each end of the sentiment.