It's Just in Case Thursday, the day where Patsy and I share a card we've CASED from one of our current publications. Sometimes we copy it exactly and sometimes we change the stamp set, embellishment and/or colours.
CASE = Copy and Selectively Edit
My card uses the Tropical Escape Suite of products including the Tropical Chic Stamp Set and Tropical Thinlits Dies. I based my card Case on a card from page 16 of the Annual Catalogue which featured the Better Together Stamp Set and the Eclectic Thinlits Dies. These are products available in Online Extravaganza sale starting tomorrow. Read all about the sale and my BONUS offerings!
My card uses bright colours including Highland Heather, Gorgeous Grape, Lemon Lime Twist, Coastal Cabana and Bermuda Bay. I love the Glitter Enamel Dots – they are sparkly and bright and include 4 colours in 4 sizes – Coastal Cabana, Gorgeous Grape, Granny Apple Green and Melon Mambo -gorgeous!
I like adding texture and dimension to my card so I added Linen Thread and heat embossing to this card. I dry embossed (with Big Shot) the Whisper White with one of my favourite new embossing folders – Subtles Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder from the Annual Catalogue.
Here's how I created today's card:
- Highland Heather – 11" x 4 1/4"; scored at 5 1/4"; 2" x 2"
- Whisper White – 5 1/4" x 4"
- Lemon Lime Twist – 3 1/4" x 3 1/4"
- Bermuda Bay – 3" x 1 1/2"
- Coastal Cabana – 3" x 1 1/2"
- Gorgeous Grape – 4 1/4" x 5/8"
- Fold Highland Heather on score line and create card base.
- Emboss Whisper White with Subtles Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder using the Big Shot.
- Cut out the die pieces as follows:
Lemon Lime Twist – frame
Bermuda Bay – palm leaf
Coastal Cabana – palm leaf
Highland Heather – solid leaf
- Glue the Lemon Lime Twist frame to the lower right corner of the Whisper White. Glue the palm leafs on top of the frame.
- Wrap some Linen Thread around your fingers and then tape to the middle of the frame.
- Pop up the Highland Heather leaf on top of the thread with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Pop up the Whisper White layer to the card front with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Stamp the sentiment in Versamark on the Gorgeous Grape strip and apply White Emboss Powder. Heat set.
- Pop up the stamped piece with a Stampin' Dimensional on each end on top of the dies.
- Add Glitter Enamel Dots to the card to finish.
Here are the products used in today's card (click on the picture and you'll be directed to my online store):
Need Stamps? If you are in Canada, I would be delighted to have you order from My Online Store.
To earn Bonus Rewards use the Host Code
If you are reading this via an email, Click Here for the current CODE
In US order from Patsy Waggoner’s Online Store
Thanks for visiting my blog today! Sign up for my newsletter!
Watch this quick video to learn how to place your online order!
Use Host Code H346DKCM
Check out my Customer Rewards Program
Christine Kiehl says
Wow. These turned out excellent! Thanks for sharing!
Thanks Christine – I love the Tropical Escape Suite.