It's Just in Case Thursday, the day where Patsy and I share a card we've CASED from one of our current publications. Sometimes we copy it exactly and sometimes we change the stamp set, embellishment and/or colours.
CASE = Copy and Selectively Edit
I have amazing demonstrators on my Canadian Stampin' Up! team and each new catalogue we get together for a swap. This time we focused on the Occasions Catalogue and Sale-a-bration Brochure and we CASED amazing samples created by the Stampin' Up! concept artists.
Today's card by my team member Sheryl McLaren, features some new product from the Occasions Catalogue and focuses on the Vibrant Vases stamp set. The cool thing about it is that it coordinates with the Vases Builder Punch and Varied Vases Stamp Set from the Annual Catalogue. Isn't that cool?!
Here's how today's card was created:
- Balmy Blue – 8 1/2" x 5 1/2"; score at 4 1/4"
- Whisper White - 5 1/2" x 2 3/4"; 4 1/4" x 2"; 2" x 3/4"
- Flourish Laser Cut Paper – edges
- Vellum – scrap
- Fold Balmy Blue cardstock on score line and create card base.
- Stamp 8 vases in Balmy Blue ink on the 4 1/4" x 2" Whisper White piece and cut out with punch.
- Stamp one image to match one of the vases on Vellum in Versamark ink, apply White Stampin' Emboss powder and heat set. Cut out with punch.
- Stamp the leaves in Garden Green ink and the tulips in Cherry Cobbler ink on the 5 1/2" x 2 3/4" Whisper White approximately 1 1/4" from the left side.
- Glue the vases on the punched out vase (Balmy Blue) and the vellum vase on top of the stamped images.
- Fill in the remainder of the vases, overlapping some, across the Whisper White piece.
- Stamp the sentiment in Cherry Cobbler ink on the Whisper White strip.
- Cut two pieces of Team Time ribbon (2 3/4") and glue to the back of the stamped strip.
- Pop up the strip with Stampin' Dimensionals on the vases in the middle of the Whisper White.
- Cut edges from the Flourish Laser Cut paper and glue one piece to the back top of the Whisper White and one piece to the bottom.
- Glue to the Balmy Blue card front.
Here are the products used in today's card (click on the pictures and be directed to my store):
Let's hop over and see what Patsy CASED today.