It's Just in Case Thursday, the day where Patsy and I share a card we've CASED from one of our current publications. Sometimes we copy it exactly and sometimes we change the stamp set, embellishment and/or colours.
CASE = Copy and Selectively Edit
I'm excited about my CASE today because it's from the Sale-a-bration brochure and features the adorable So Hoppy Stamp Set. It also features some new product that is coming on March 1st – a set of coordinating framelits! You can earn the So Hoppy Stamp Set free with a $60 order but only until March 31st!
The original card by the concept artists at Stampin' Up! is on page 13 of the Sale-a-bration Brochure.
- Whisper White Thick – 8 1/2" x 5 1/2"; score at 4 1/4"
- Whisper White – 4 3/4" x 3 1/2"; 2" x 2"
- Basic Black – 5" x 3 3/4"
- Powder Pink – scrap
- Lemon Lime Twist – scrap
- Fold Whisper White Thick (8 1/2" x 5 1/2") cardstock on score line to create card base.
- Stamp the grass image (Abstract Impressions) in Lemon Lime Twist on the Whisper White (4 3/4" x 3 1/2") and stamp the second grass image in Granny Apple Green.
- Stamp the 'waves' (from High Tide) in Coastal Cabana below the grass.
- Cut out the lily pad and three flowers from the Lemon Lime Twist scrap using the Hop Around Framelits Dies (coming March 1st) and Big Shot. Glue the lily pad under the grass.
- Cut out three Powder Pink flowers using the framelits and Big Shot.
- Cut a few petals off the Lemon Lime Twist flowers and glue to the bottom of the Powder Pink flowers (see picture). Glue the flowers in the water.
- Stamp the frog image on the Whisper White (2" x 2") in Tuxedo Black ink. Colour the frog with Granny Apple Green, Call Me Clover and Petal Pink Stampin' Blends.
- Cut out the frog with the coordinating die from the Hop Around Framelits and Big Shot. Pop up the frog on the lily pad with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Stamp the fireflies in Tuxedo Black in on the top right corner. Colour with Pool Party Stampin' Blends.
- Glue the stamped piece to the Basic Black layer and glue both to the front of the card.
Here's the products used in my card today (click on picture and be directed to my store):