Today I'm sharing a super cute card by my friend Winona which I received in a swap. This little guy is looking for his crown.
The crowns are stamped several times in different colours and then punched out with the 3/4" circle punch. I love how they are all stacked on top of each other. The frog is stamped in Tuxedo Black ink and then fussy cut (yes this card was made long before the coordinating dies were available) and then popped up with Stampin' Dimensionals. The So Hoppy Together Stamp Set is a free choice from the Sale-a-bration brochure when you spend $60 (before shipping/taxes).
Click here to see all your choices for Sale-a-bration but only until March 31st!
- Crumb Cake – 11" x 4 1/4"
- Whisper White – 5" x 3 3/4"(2 pieces); 4" x 3 3/4"; 5" x 4; 1 1/2" x 1/2";
- Soft Sea Foam: 4 1/8" x 3 7/8"
- Score Crumb Cake cardstock at 5 1/2" and fold to create card base.
- Use Black Stampin' Write Marker to draw a squiggly line around the outside of the 5" x 3 3/4" Whisper White and glue to the card front on an angle.
- Glue the 5" x 3 3/4" Whisper White to the Soft Sea Foam layer and glue to the Whisper White on the card.
- Stamp the frog image and 13 circles in Tuxedo Black ink on the 5" x 4" Whisper White.
- Stamp the crown image inside the circles in Soft Sea Foam, Highland Heather, Grapefruit Grove, Daffodil Delight, Blueberry Bushel inks.
- Punch out the circles using the 3/4" circle punch. Glue some of the circles to the front of the card and pop up other circles on top with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Colour the frog with Old Olive and Soft Sea Foam Stampin' Blends. Cut out frog with Paper Snips. Pop up frog on circles with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Stamp the sentiment in Tuxedo Black ink on the 1 1/2" x 1/2" Whisper White strip and banner cut the left side. Pop up not he card with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Stamp the firefly image several times on the Coastal Cabana, add the Pineapple Punch Emboss Powder and heat set.
- Wrap the Whisper White Baker's Twine around the middle of the Coastal Cabana and tie in a bow on the left side.
- Cut out the 4" x 2 1/2" rectangle from the Whisper White using the Rectangle Stitched Framelit Dies and Big Shot.
- Stamp the frog approximately 1 1/2" from the left side of the rectangle.
- Add shading around the entire frog with the Pool Party Light Stampin' Blends and add some ground under the frog with the Crumb Cake Light Stampin' Blend.
- Glue the rectangle to the middle of the Coastal Cabana with 5 /8" of the right side hanging off the right edge. Cut the excess rectangle off to be flush with the right edge of the Coastal Cabana.
- Glue the Coastal Cabana to the front of the card.
- Stamp 'Hoppy for You' in Versamark on the Basic Black, apply Whisper White Emboss Powder and heat set.
- Cut out the saying using the 1 3/8" circle from the Stitched Shapes Framelits using the Big Shot. Pop up the circle to the left of the frog with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Stamp the frog on the Whisper White (2 1/2" x 2") in Tuxedo Black ink and colour with Pumpkin Pie Stampin' Blends (body) and Pool Party Light Stampin' Blend (glasses).
- Cut out the frog with the coordinating die from the Hop Around Framelits Die and the Big Shot.
- Pop up the frog with Stampin' Dimensionals on top of the first frog (on rectangle).
- Stamp the frog on the lower right edge of the 5" x 3 3/4" Whisper White so just his upper body is on the cardstock. Stamp the crown on his head.
- Colour the frog with Soft Sea Foam and Old Olive Stampin' Blends. Colour the crown with Daffodil Delight Dark Stampin' Blend.
- Draw squiggly lines around the outer edge of Whisper White cardstock and glue to the inside at an angle.