It's Just in Case Thursday, the day where Patsy and I share a card we've CASED from one of our current publications. Sometimes we copy it exactly and sometimes we change the stamp set, embellishment and/or colours.
CASE = Copy and Selectively Edit
My CASE today uses the Painted Seasons Stamp Set from the 2nd release Sale-a-bration brochure along with the Story Label Punch. The sentiment is from the Lasting Lily Stamp Set, another free Sale-a-bration reward at the Level 2 option ($120 purchase before shipping/taxes). All these products are only available until March 31st…..OR WHILE SUPPLIES last.
The original card by the concept artists at Stampin' Up! is on page 18 of the 1st Release Sale-a-bration Brochure featuring the Lasting Lily Stamp Set.
- Soft Sea Foam – 8 1/2" x 5 1/2"; score at 4 1/4"
- Basic Gray – 4 7/8" x 3 5/8"; 2 3/4" x 2 1/4"
- Whisper White – 4 3/4" x 3 1/2"
Note the details on the flower and leaves just by inking and stamping. The images in the Painted Seasons Stamp Set are disinktive stamps which are achieved by taking photographs of original artist drawings and creating the stamps from the picture. You get all these gorgeous details just by inking and stamping once. They work best with less ink so the details can be seen.
- Fold Soft Sea Foam (8 1/2" x 5 1/2") cardstock on score line to create card base.
- Stamp the images in Basic Gray in several times across the middle of the Whisper White cardstock. Glue stamped piece to the Basic Gray mat. and pop up both layers to the front of the card with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Glue a piece of Gray Granite ribbon across the middle of the Whisper White and add a piece of Whisper White Polka Dot ribbon on top of the Gray ribbon.
- Stamp the sentiment in Versamark on the Basic Gray piece, apply White Stampin' Emboss Powder and heat set.
- Cut out the sentiment with the Story Label Punch.
- Pop up the sentiment on the ribbon with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Add a pearl to each end of the label punch.
Here's the products I used in my card today: