It's Just in Case Thursday – the day where Patsy Waggoner (my Border Buddy) and I share a card we've CASED (copy and selectively edit) from one of our current publications. Today's card uses the Free as a Bird Bundle from page 91 of the catalogue.
I based my card on a sample featured on page 68 using the Merry Christmas to All stamp set.
I decided to change the colours and stamps for my sample and use the basic sketch featured on the Christmas themed card.
- Petal Pink – 8 1/2" x 5 1/2"
- Gray Granite – 4 7/8" x 3 5/8"
- Balmy Blue – 3 1/2" x 2"
- Whisper White – 2 1/2" x 2 1/4"
- Bird Ballad Designer Series Paper – 4 3/4" x 3 1/2"; 5" x 2 3/4"
- Fold Petal Pink cardstock in half to form card front.
- Glue the DSP (4 3/4" x 3 1/2") to the Gray Granite layer.
- Glue both pieces to the front of the card.
- Cut out the 4 1/4" (length) Stitched Nested Labels Die from the DSP (5" x 2 3/4") and pop up in the middle of the card with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Cut out the 3 1/4" (length) Stitched Nested Labels Die from the Balmy Blue cardstock.
- Stamp the sentiment on the Balmy Blue in Versmark ink, apply Whisper White Emboss Powder and heat set. Glue the label to the DSP label towards the right end.
- Stamp the bird image in Tuxedo Memento ink and colour with Balmy Blue and Gray Granite Stampin' Blends.
- Fussy cut the bird and pop up on the left side of the Balmy Blue label.
- Cut the salvage edge off the Flax ribbon and pull a few loose threads. Tie in a bow and glue dot to the upper right corner of the Balmy Blue label.
- Add a few pearls to the Balmy Glue label.
The stamps and dies are part of the Bird Ballad Suite Bundle and this year Stampin' Up! has provide one order number for all the products in the Suite. The Bird Ballad Suite Bundle can be purchased together using #152190
The Bird Ballad Suite Bundle includes:
- Free as a Bird Cling Stamp Set (10% off)
- Stitched Nested Labels Dies (10% off)
- Bird Ballad Designer Series Paper
- Bird Ballad Laser-Cut Cards & Tin
- Very Vanilla 3/8" Scalloped Lace Trim
- Bird Ballad Trinkets
Check out what Patsy CASED today on her blog.
Here's the products you need to make today's card (click on the picture and start shopping!)