It's Just in Case Thursday – the day where Patsy Waggoner (my Border Buddy) and I share a card we've CASED (copy and selectively edit) from one of our current publications. Today's card uses the We'll Walrus Be Friends Cling Stamp Set from page 82 of the catalogue. The images are so adorable and there are lots of occasions covered off with the sentiments. I used a new product called Shimmery Crystal Effects on the ice – it goes on wet and drys with a little bit of shimmer. It will be available for purchase when the Holiday Catalogue goes live on September 4th.
Sometimes I switch out the stamp set and/or colours on a card. Here's the original card which used the Label Me Pretty Stamp Set from page 19 of the Annual Catalogue. I used it as a sketch for my card.
- Balmy Blue – 8 1/2" x 5 1/2"
- Whisper White – 3 1/4" x 3 1/4"
- Basic Black – 2" x 1/2"
- Balmy Blue Designer Series Paper (DSP) 6" x 6" – 5 1/4" x 4"
- Pacific Point Designer Series Paper (DSP) 6" x 6" – 4" x 1 1/2"
- Fold Balmy Blue (8 1/2" x 5 1/2") cardstock in half to form card front.
- Glue the Pacific Point DSP to the Balmy Blue DSP approximately 1" from the bottom edge.
- Separate a few strands* of the Whisper White Flex Ribbon and wrap around the middle of the Pacific Point DSP and tie in a bow on the left side.
- Glue the DSP to the card front.
- Cut out the largest circle from the Whisper White cardstock using the Stitched Shapes Dies.
- Stamp the walrus image in Tuxedo Memento ink on the circle.
- Colour the image with Smoky Slate and Balmy Blue Combo Stampin' Blends.
- Add Shimmery Crystal Effects (available September 4 in the Holiday Catalogue) to the ice. Let dry.
- Pop up the circle on the card with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Stamp the sentiment in Versamark on Basic Black, add White Emboss Powder and heat set. Pop up the sentiment with Stampin' Dimensionals above the walrus.
*Cut the salvage edge from the Whisper White Flex Ribbon and pull away the individual strands.Check out what Patsy CASED today on her blog.
Here's the products you need to make today's card (click on the picture and start shopping!)If you are in Canada, I would be delighted to have you order from My Online Store.
- For each $20 you spend (before shipping/taxes) you earn a punch on my Customer Reward Card. When you fill the card (15 punches) you earn a gift.
- Every order earns a free PDF set of instructions for 8 cards featuring the month's Suite.
- When you order $50 or more, I send you two of the cards from the instructions by mail.
- If you use my current Hostess Code, I send you an added gift.
- Click to read all about my program!