Each Thursday my Border Buddy Patsy Waggoner from the US and I take turns creating a card that we CASED from a current Stampin’ Up! catalogue. CASE stands for (Copy And Selectively Edit). The beautiful projects by the concept artists from Stampin' Up! are a great way to be inspired!
Today's card features the Nothing's Better Than Bundle which includes the Nothing's Better Than Stamp Set and coordinating Love You More Than Dies. When you purchase them together you save 10% off the price.
When you CASE, you can copy it exactly, or selectively edit it by changing the colors or the stamp set or both. Today I choose to keep the colours and stamp set the same as the original but made it into a full sized card.
I wanted to pop up the word coffee so I used the brand new Foam Adhesive Sheets. They allow you to add Designer Series Paper or yardstick to one side and then run it through your die cutting machine with a die. The foam is double-sided adhesive so it's super easy to stick it on your project.
Stamping Paper Measurements
- Soft Suede – 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" scored at 4 1/4"
- Crumb Cake – 3" x 4"
- Whisper White – scrap
- Flirty Flamingo – scrap
- Petal Pink – scrap
Simple Stamping Steps
- Fold the Soft Suede cardstock in half to create card base.
- Randomly stamp the star image on the card front with Soft Suede ink.
- Wrap the Faux Suede Trim around the middle of the card and tie in a bow on the right side of the card front.
- Stamp the sentiment "A Day Without" in Soft Suede ink in the upper left corner of the Crumb Cake piece.
- Stamp the sentiment "Is Like, Ummm…" in Soft Suede ink in the lower right corner of the Crumb Cake piece.
- Stamp the coffee vapours in Soft Suede ink on the left side.
- Stamp the coffee cup on the Whisper White scrap in Soft Suede ink.
- Stamp the inside of the coffee cup in Flirthy Flamingo ink but stamp off once to get a lighter colour.
- Cut out the coffee cup with the matching die. Pop up with Stampin' Dimensional below the coffee vapour.
- Cut a piece of Foam Adhesive Sheet to the size of the Flirty Flamingo scrap and peel away one side to expose the adhesive. Glue the Flirty Flamingo to the foam.
- Cut out the word coffee with the die from the Flirty Flamingo and again from the Petal Pink scrap.
- Pop up the Flirty Flamingo coffee on the Crumb Cake and then glue the Petal Pink coffee on top slightly offset.This creates a shadow and adds definition.
- Add some Artistry Blooms Sequins to the decorated piece.
- Add Wink of Stella to the coffee cup.
- Pop up the decorated piece to the card front towards the left side.
Today's Stampin’ Up!® color palette…
We hope you found some inspiration here today. Want More?
Sign Up for our E-Newsletters!
Earn FREE PDF Tutorials and rewards with our Customer Rewards.
- Patsy’s Customer Reward Program (US Customers)
- Alison’s Customer Reward Program (Canadian Customers)
Would Love to have you shop with us!
If you are reading this via an email, Click Here for the current HOST CODE