Each Thursday my Border Buddy Patsy Waggoner from the US and I take turns creating a card that we CASED from a current Stampin’ Up! catalogue. CASE means Copy And Selectively Edit. The beautiful projects by the concept artists from Stampin' Up! are a great way to be inspired! When you CASE, you can copy it exactly, or selectively edit it by changing the colors or the stamp set or both.
In my card today I changed up the stamp set from Wrapped in Christmas to Christmas Means More
Stampin' Up! concept artist card on left (page 8 of August – December 2020 Mini Catalogue) and my CASE on right using Christmas Means More Stamp Set
Today's card features the Christmas Means More Stamp Set from the August – December 2020 Mini Catalogue which launched on August 4th. The sentiments in the stamp set are each from a famous beloved Christmas movie. Can you remember what movie the sentiment from my card is from – it's actually one of my favourites. I love when Harry makes the toast "to my big brother George…the richest man in town". I cry every single time. What's your favourite Christmas themed movie?
Here's the answers to all the sentiments:
A – Miracle on 34th Street
B – The Grinch Who Stole Christmas
C – A Wonderful Life
D – Elf
Stamping Paper Measurements
- Whisper White (card base) – 8 1/2" x 5 1/2"; scored at 4 1/4"
- Whisper White (sentiment) – 4 1/2" x 3"
- Vellum – 5" x 3 3/4"
- Heartwarming Hugs Designer Series Paper – 5 1/2" x 4 1/4"; (3 strips) – 5 1/2" x 3/4"
Simple Stamping Steps
- Fold the Whisper White cardstock in half to create card base.
- Glue the Designer Series Paper (5 1/2" x 4 1/4") on the card front. Glue one strip across the middle and the other two strips above and below the middle strip evenly spaced.
- Glue the Vellum to the middle of the card front by placing glue dots in each corner. Hide the glue dots by adding All the Trimmings Embellishments to each corner.
- Cut out the label from the Whisper White using the Hippo and Friends Dies and Stampin' Cut & Emboss machine.
- Stamp the sentiment in the middle of the label with Versamark Ink, apply Gold Emboss Powder and heat set.
- Create a color wash over the words using Pear Pizzaz ink and water painters.
- Wrap some gold cord from the Wonder of the Season Ribbon Combo Pack around your fingers several times and glue to the back of the label.
- Pop up the label to the middle of the card with Stampin' Dimensionals.
We hope you found some inspiration here today. Want More?
Sign Up for our E-Newsletters!
- Patsy’s E- Newsletter (US Customers)
- Alison’s E-Newsletter (Canadian Customers)
Earn FREE PDF Tutorials and rewards with our Customer Rewards.
- Patsy’s Customer Reward Program (US Customers)
- Alison’s Customer Reward Program (Canadian Customers)
Would Love to have you shop with us!
- Patsy's Online Store (US customers)
- Alison’s Online Store(Canadian customers)
If you are reading this via an email, Click Here for the current HOST CODE
Thanks for visiting my blog today! Sign up for my newsletter!
Watch this quick video to learn how to place your online order!
Use Host Code H346DKCM
Check out my Customer Rewards Program
Leave a Reply