Each Thursday my Border Buddy Patsy Waggoner from the US and I take turns creating a card that we CASED from a current Stampin’ Up! catalogue. CASE means Copy And Selectively Edit. The beautiful projects by the concept artists from Stampin' Up! are a great way to be inspired! When you CASE, you can copy it exactly, or selectively edit it by changing the colors or the stamp set or both.
In my card today I changed up the stamp set from Prized Peony to Peaceful Boughs. I also changed the size of card.
Stampin' Up! concept artist card on left (page 83 of the 2020-2021 Annual Catalogue and my CASE on right using Peaceful Bough Stamp Set and Beautiful Boughs Dies.
This is a great layout sketch that can be used over and over again for all kinds of stamps. I think it would work beautifully with the Poinsettia Petals Bundle.
Stamping Paper Measurements
- Crumb Cake (card base) – 8 1/2" x 5 1/2"; scored at 4 1/4"
- Whisper White (circle) – 3" x 3"
- Whisper White (sentiment) – 2 1/2" x 1/2"
- Heartwarming Hugs Designer Series Paper – 3 1/4" x 3 1/4"; 1 1/2" x 4 1/2"
- Gold Foil – 1 1/2" x 1 1/2"
Simple Stamping Steps
- Fold the Crumb Cake cardstock in half to create card base.
- Emboss the card front using the Tasteful Textile 3D Embossing Folder and the Stampin' Cut & Emboss Machine.
- Glue the Designer Series Paper (3 1/4" x 3 1/4") to the upper middle of card front.
- Banner cut the Designer Series Paper (1 1/2" x 4 1/2") and glue to the DSP square.
- Cut out a 2 1/4" circle from the Whisper White using the Stitched Shapes Dies and Stampin' Cut & Emboss Machine.
- Stamp the bough from Peaceful Boughs Stamp Set in Old Olive on the circle and without re-inking stamp again beside the first bough.
- Pop up the circle with Stampin' Dimensionals on the card front (see picture).
- Cut the pine cone from the scrap of Gold Foil Sheet using Beautiful Boughs Dies and Stampin' Cut & Emboss Machine and glue dot to the bough.
- Stamp the sentiment from Itty Bitty Christmas Stamp Set in Real Red ink on the Whisper White strip.
- Wrap a piece of gold ribbon (from Basket Weave Metallic Ribbon Combo Pack) around your fingers a few times and glue to back of sentiment strip.
- Pop up the sentiment on the circle with Stampin' Dimensionals.
We hope you found some inspiration here today. Want More?
Sign Up for our E-Newsletters!
Earn FREE PDF Tutorials and rewards with our Customer Rewards.
- Patsy’s Customer Reward Program (US Customers)
- Alison’s Customer Reward Program (Canadian Customers)
Would Love to have you shop with us!
If you are reading this via an email, Click Here for the current HOST CODE