It is Sunday Sketch time, Alison Solven from Canada here today.
Each Sunday Patsy Waggoner from the US (my border buddy) and I take turns creating a card using one of our card sketches. Sketches can help get your creative juices flowing. I find that when I'm stuck and seem to have lost my stampin' mojo a sketch can give me the spark I need. They are open to interpretation, no real right or wrong way.
Today's card features products from the August – December 2020 Mini Catalogue. Many of these items are retiring on January 4 and are included in the Giant Year-End Sale.
- Wonder of the Season Specialty Designer Series Paper (153488)
- Evergreen Forest 3D Embossing Folder (153576)
- Most Wonderful Time Project Medley (150705)
- Wonder of the Season Ribbon Combo Pack (153537)
- Jingle Bells (149596)
You can create a card using the sketch exactly as it's presented or switch it up – it's meant to be a starting point for your creativity.
CLICK HERE for more card sketches
All Stampin’ Up!® products were used to create today's card.
Simple Stamping Steps & Measurements
- Soft Sea Foam - Cardbase – 8 1/2" x 5 1/2"; scored at 4 1/4"
Layer 1 – 5 1/4" x 4"
Sentiment – 1/2" x 3"
- Wonder of the Season Specialty Designer Series Paper (DSP) – 2 1/2" x 3 1/2"; 2" x 5"
- Fold the Soft Sea Foam cardstock in half to create card base.
- Emboss the Soft Sea Foam Layer 1 with Evergreen Forest 3D Embossing Folder using the Stampin' Cut & Emboss Machine. Glue to the card front.
- Glue the DSP (2" x 5") to the bottom of layer 1.
- Pop up the DSP (2 1/2" x 3 1/2") with Stampin' Dimensionals on the left side of the front.
- Stamp the sentiment in Versamark ink, apply Gold Stampin' Emboss Powder and heat set with Heat Tool.
- Glue to the front of the card as shown.
- Tie a bow in the gold cord and glue dot to the left side of the sentiment.
- Add a gold jingle bell to the bow with a glue dot.
In December when you place an order in our online store you will receive a free PDF featuring instructions for 8 cards using the Winter Woods Stamp Set and In the Woods Dies. Here's a sneak peak:
We hope you found some inspiration here today. Want More?
Sign Up for our E-Newsletters!
- Patsy’s E-Newsletter (US Customers)
- Alison’s E-Newsletter (Canadian Customers)
Earn FREE PDF Tutorials plus bonus rewards with our customer rewards program.
- Alison's Free PDF Tutorial & Customer Rewards(Canadian customers)
- Patsy's Free PDF Tutorial & Customer Rewards(US customers)
We would love to have you shop with us!
- Patsy's Online Store (US customers)
- Alison’s Online Store (Canadian customers)
If you are reading this via an email, Click Here for the current HOST
Thanks for visiting my blog today! Sign up for my newsletter!
Watch this quick video to learn how to place your online order!
Use Host Code PWSG2DND
Check out my Customer Rewards Program
Leave a Reply