It is Sunday Sketch time, Alison Solven from Canada here today.
Each Sunday Patsy Waggoner from the US (my border buddy) and I take turns creating a card using one of our card sketches. Sketches can help get your creative juices flowing. I find that when I'm stuck and seem to have lost my stampin' mojo a sketch can give me the spark I need. They are open to interpretation, no real right or wrong way.
Today's card features products from the August – December 2020 Mini Catalogue. Many of these items are retiring on January 4 and are included in the Giant Year-End Sale.
- Wonder of the Season Specialty Designer Series Paper (153488)
- Evergreen Forest 3D Embossing Folder (153576)
- Most Wonderful Time Project Medley (150705)
- Wonder of the Season Ribbon Combo Pack (153537)
- Jingle Bells (149596)
You can create a card using the sketch exactly as it's presented or switch it up – it's meant to be a starting point for your creativity.
All Stampin’ Up!® products were used to create today's card.
Simple Stamping Steps & Measurements
- Soft Sea Foam - Cardbase – 8 1/2" x 5 1/2"; scored at 4 1/4"
Layer 1 – 5 1/4" x 4"
Sentiment – 1/2" x 3"
- Wonder of the Season Specialty Designer Series Paper (DSP) – 2 1/2" x 3 1/2"; 2" x 5"
- Fold the Soft Sea Foam cardstock in half to create card base.
- Emboss the Soft Sea Foam Layer 1 with Evergreen Forest 3D Embossing Folder using the Stampin' Cut & Emboss Machine. Glue to the card front.
- Glue the DSP (2" x 5") to the bottom of layer 1.
- Pop up the DSP (2 1/2" x 3 1/2") with Stampin' Dimensionals on the left side of the front.
- Stamp the sentiment in Versamark ink, apply Gold Stampin' Emboss Powder and heat set with Heat Tool.
- Glue to the front of the card as shown.
- Tie a bow in the gold cord and glue dot to the left side of the sentiment.
- Add a gold jingle bell to the bow with a glue dot.
In December when you place an order in our online store you will receive a free PDF featuring instructions for 8 cards using the Winter Woods Stamp Set and In the Woods Dies. Here's a sneak peak:
We hope you found some inspiration here today. Want More?
Sign Up for our E-Newsletters!
Earn FREE PDF Tutorials plus bonus rewards with our customer rewards program.
- Alison's Free PDF Tutorial & Customer Rewards(Canadian customers)
- Patsy's Free PDF Tutorial & Customer Rewards(US customers)
We would love to have you shop with us!
If you are reading this via an email, Click Here for the current HOST