Today’s card features the Sweet Conversations Bundle from the Sweet Talk Suite Collection in the January – June 2022 Mini Catalogue. This Suite is featured in our Border Buddy FREE PDF for January and there are only 2 days left to earn it!
I based my card on a sketch from another card I made several years ago. When I get stuck on trying to come up with an idea for a card there are strategies I use to find my mojo including:
- cards from our publications designed by the amazing concept artists at Stampin’ Up!
- cards I find on Pinterest, Youtube and Instagram
- cards on Stampin’ Up! Canada Facebook Page
- CASE (copy and selectively edit) cards I’ve made in the past or received in a swap
I loved this card from several years ago and how I could use three different patterns of paper on one card. I love the Sweet Talk 12″ x 12″ Designer Series Paper and wanted to showcase several of the patterns on my card so this design is perfect.
how to make today’s card
- Basic White (card base): 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″, scored at 4 1/4″
- Basic White (layer): 3 1/8″ x 4 3/8″
- Basic White (tag): 2″ x 2 1/2″
- Petal Pink & Real Red (hearts): scraps
- Sweet Talk 12″ x 12″ Designer Series Paper – 3″ x 1 1/4″; 3″ x 1″; 3″ x 2″
- Fold the Basic White on score line to create card base.
- Glue the DSP to the Basic White layer – start with 3″ x 1″ on top, 3″ x 1 1/4″ on bottom and then 3″ x 2″ in the middle.
- Pop up the piece in the middle of the card base with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Cut out the tag from the Basic White using the Sweet Heart Dies.
- Stamp the sentiment on the tag in Real Red ink.
- Cut out hearts from the scraps and glue to the bottom of the tag.
- Fold ribbon in three and tape to the back of the label.
- Pop up the tag with Stampin’ Dimensionals in the middle of the card.
Products used in today’s card
Free Sweet Talk Suite PDF with purchase
PDF Tutorial INCLUDES:
- PDF with instructions for 6 cards
- Supply list, pictures, measurements & step-by-step directions
- FREE with ANY size purchase
- Read about my other Customer Rewards
I hope you’ve found some inspiration – want more?
sign up for our newsletter
Thanks for visiting my blog today! Happy Stamping!