It's Just in Case Thursday, the day where Patsy and I share a card we've CASED from one of our current publications. Sometimes we copy it exactly and sometimes we change the stamp set, embellishment and/or colours.
CASE = Copy and Selectively Edit
Today my CASE uses the Dashing Deer Bundle of products from the Holiday Catalogue. Patsy and I are featuring this bundle in our September Border Buddy Free Card program.
Read all about how you can receive a free PDF with instructions for 8 cards using our featured Bundle and two of them in the mail!
This is the original card which is a 3 1/2" x 3 1/2" format. I wanted to create a traditional size card so I used the elements as a focal point of my card.
In order to create the words I actually used some scotch tape to cover up the word "thanks" and then inked up the Many Merry in Cherry Cobbler. Then remove the tape and stamped on a piece of Whisper White. It's called "omitting". The two tone sprig is created using Stampin' Write Markers coloured directly on the rubber.
Here's how I made today's card:
Cherry Cobbler – 8 1/2" x 5 1/2"
Whisper White – 2 3/4" x 2 3/4"; 5 1/4" x 4"
Garden Green – 3 3/4" x 3 3/4"; 1/4" x 2 1/4"
Gold Foil Sheet – 3 1/2" x 3 1/2"; 2 1/4" x 2"
- Score the Cherry Cobbler cardstock (8 1/2" x 5 1/2") at 4 1/4" and fold to create card.
- Emboss the front of the Cherry Cobbler with the Swirls & Curls Textured Impressions Embossing Folder and Big Shot.
- Cut out four filigree pieces from the Gold Foil Sheet (3 1/2" x 3") using the Detailed Deer Framelits Dies and Big Shot.
- Glue the filigree pieces in a square shape on the Garden Green piece (3 3/4" x 3 3/4").
- Pop up the piece in the middle of the card front with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Cut out the 2 3/8" circle from the Whisper White using the Stitched Shapes Framelits with the Big Shot.
- Cover the word "Thanks" on the sentiment with scotch tape and then ink up the stamp in Cherry Cobbler, remove the tape and stamp on the Whisper White circle. This omits the word from the image.
- Cover the "Many Merry" words on the stamp with scotch tape and ink in Versamark. Remove the tape and stamp the word on Garden Green strip.
- Apply White Emboss Powder and heat set.
- Banner cut the ends of the Garden Green strip and glue below the Many Merry words.
- Ink the spring using the Garden Green and Cherry Cobbler Stampin' Write Markers and stamp below the words on the Whisper White circle.
- Wrap the ribbon back and forth on the back of the circle securing with tape and trim ends.
- Pop up the stamped circle with Stampin' Dimensionals in the center of the filigree.
- Add a pearl in the middle of the little poinsettia on the sprig.
- Glue the Whisper White piece (5 1/4" x 4") to the inside of the card.
- Cut out the little deer from the Gold Foil Sheet (2 1/4" x 2") and glue to the lower right corner on the inside.
Here's the products I used today in my card (click on the pictures and be directed to my online store):