It's Just in Case Thursday, the day where Patsy and I share a card we've CASED from one of our current publications. Sometimes we copy it exactly and sometimes we change the stamp set, embellishment and/or colours.
CASE = Copy and Selectively Edit
Today my CASE uses the Dashing Deer Bundle of products from the Holiday Catalogue. Patsy and I are featuring this bundle in our September Border Buddy Free Card program. I also used products from the Festive Farmhouse Suite and Winter Woods Bundle.
Read all about how you can receive a free PDF with instructions for 8 cards using our featured Bundle and two of them in the mail!
This is the original project from page 8 of the Holiday Catalogue featuring a tag. I wanted to create a tradition size card so changed the measurements.
In order to create the words I actually used some scotch tape to cover up the word "Happiest" and then inked up the Christmas Wishes in Cherry Cobbler. Then remove the tape and stamped on a piece of Whisper White. It's called "omitting".
Here's how I made today's card:
Mossy Meadow- 8 1/2" x 5 1/2"; 3 1/2" x 2 1/2"
Cherry Cobbler – 2 1/2" x 2"
Very Vanilla – 2 1/2" x 1/2"
Festive Farmhouse Designer Series paper – 4 3/4" x 3 1/2"; 4" x 2 1/2"; 3" x 3"
- Score the Mossy Meadow cardstock (8 1/2" x 5 1/2") at 4 1/4" and fold to create card.
- Glue the larger piece of DSP to the card lining up the right edges. Glue the small piece to the first piece as shown in the picture.
- Cut the 2 3/8" circle from the DSP using the Stitched Shapes Framelits and Big Shot.
- Pop up the circle with Stampin' Dimensionals on the other two pieces of DSP.
- Cut out the tree from Mossy Meadow piece with the In The Woods Framelits and Big Shot. Glue to the circle.
- Cut out the deer from the Cherry Cobbler piece with the Detailed Deer Thinlits Dies and Big Shot. Glue to the card on top of the tree.
- Stamp the words on the strip of Very Vanilla in Cherry Cobbler ink and glue to the card as shown.