It's Just in Case Thursday, the day where Patsy and I share a card we've CASED from one of our current publications. Sometimes we copy it exactly and sometimes we change the stamp set, embellishment and/or colours.
CASE = Copy and Selectively Edit
Today my CASE uses the Dashing Deer Bundle of products from the Holiday Catalogue. Patsy and I are featuring this bundle in our September Border Buddy Free Card program. I also used products from the Festive Farmhouse Suite and Winter Woods Bundle.
Read all about how you can receive a free PDF with instructions for 8 cards using our featured Bundle and two of them in the mail!
This is the original project from page 8 of the Holiday Catalogue featuring a tag. I wanted to create a tradition size card so changed the measurements.
In order to create the words I actually used some scotch tape to cover up the word "Happiest" and then inked up the Christmas Wishes in Cherry Cobbler. Then remove the tape and stamped on a piece of Whisper White. It's called "omitting".
Here's how I made today's card:
Mossy Meadow- 8 1/2" x 5 1/2"; 3 1/2" x 2 1/2"
Cherry Cobbler – 2 1/2" x 2"
Very Vanilla – 2 1/2" x 1/2"
Festive Farmhouse Designer Series paper – 4 3/4" x 3 1/2"; 4" x 2 1/2"; 3" x 3"
- Score the Mossy Meadow cardstock (8 1/2" x 5 1/2") at 4 1/4" and fold to create card.
- Glue the larger piece of DSP to the card lining up the right edges. Glue the small piece to the first piece as shown in the picture.
- Cut the 2 3/8" circle from the DSP using the Stitched Shapes Framelits and Big Shot.
- Pop up the circle with Stampin' Dimensionals on the other two pieces of DSP.
- Cut out the tree from Mossy Meadow piece with the In The Woods Framelits and Big Shot. Glue to the circle.
- Cut out the deer from the Cherry Cobbler piece with the Detailed Deer Thinlits Dies and Big Shot. Glue to the card on top of the tree.
- Stamp the words on the strip of Very Vanilla in Cherry Cobbler ink and glue to the card as shown.
Need Stamps? If you are in Canada, I would be delighted to have you order from My Online Store.
To earn Bonus Rewards use the Host Code
If you are reading this via an email, Click Here for the current CODE
In US order from Patsy Waggoner’s Online Store
Thanks for visiting my blog today! Sign up for my newsletter!
Watch this quick video to learn how to place your online order!
Use Host Code SAVKJSE6
Check out my Customer Rewards Program
Leave a Reply